Lately, more and more alternatives to conventional liposuction have been discovered. While some of these techniques are obviously superior to the conventional method, some of these, on the other hand, have both advantages and disadvantages, which makes it harder to decide.
In this article, we will be deeply informing you about the two most popular techniques, VASER and Laser liposuction. Further, we will be issuing a detailed comparison between the two techniques, to help you be able to choose the more effective and appropriate one for yourself.
What is VASER Liposuction?
Vaser Liposuction is one of the most successful, innovative, and cutting-edge liposuction techniques available today. It is mostly based on traditional liposuction, however, it incorporates ultrasonic (sound wave) energy into the procedure, increasing its efficiency.
When compared to standard liposuction, VASER Lipo is less intrusive and has less downtime, however, there are certain drawbacks. People must be near to their desired weight and cannot be obese. Recovery might be difficult for some patients (effective pain medication is given to treat any discomfort). Expectations may need to be altered because this isn’t a weight reduction cure, but rather a body sculpting and fat removal technique. It can, however, be extremely beneficial for the proper patients. There’s a reason it’s so popular.
VASER Lipo can be done in most areas of the body. Below, we will be listing the areas that VASER Lipo can be applied to:
- Love Handles
- Male Chest
- Upper Arms
VASER Lipo can also be used for some involving operations, such as Brazilian Butt Lift.
What is Laser Liposuction?
Unlike traditional liposuction, the goal of noninvasive laser lipo is to reduce fat cells rather than remove them.
There are many generations of machines that target fat with lasers, some that remove fat using suction-assisted liposuction, and others that leave it up to the body to drain the fat away and out by excretion. People who wish to target extremely small regions but don’t want VASER Lipo or non-invasive fat targeting treatments might choose Laser Lipo. Laser Lipo employs lasers to burn the fat cells, whereas VASER Lipo uses ultrasound to break down the fat cells from the surrounding tissue. VASER Lipo was created to selectively target fat cells, whereas lasers are less exact and cause more tissue disruption around fat cells.
One of the most popular Laser Lipo techniques is the i-Lipo Laser Liposuction. İ-Lipo is a brand that manufactures liposuction devices for plastic surgery clinics and hospitals.
During each i-Lipo Laser Liposuction session, a professional inserts laser diode-equipped pads directly on the skin. The laser light pierces the fat cells’ membranes and makes microscopic holes in them. This causes fat cells to discharge stored fatty acids, glycerol, and water into the body before shrinking and perhaps losing inches. The ejected fat-cell contents are subsequently flushed out via the lymphatic system or burned for energy.
Laser lipo can be used to treat several areas:
- Chin – Under the chin
VASER vs. Laser: Comparison With Advantages And Disadvantages
Both VASER and Laser liposuction methods have their advantages and drawbacks. To acknowledge these accurately and decide accordingly, one should know all advantages and disadvantages of these procedures.
While considering a comparison between VASER and Laser lipo, you should mainly focus on three topics for your decision:
Below, we will be comparing the two procedures and discussing their pros and cons.
VASER vs. Laser Lipo: Which one is safer?
While both procedures are considered safe, there are a few factors that make VASER Lipo a safer choice, when compared to the Laser technique. However, it shouldn’t be ignored that if Laser lipo is a better option for you in terms of cost or effectiveness, the safety difference between these two procedures isn’t as big to require you to change your mind. Below, we will be listing three things that make VASER Lipo a safer choice, when compared to Laser Lipo.
- VASER lipo carries less danger of injury. Since VASER Lipo uses ultrasonic sound waves, while Laser Lipo uses heat to break down the fat cells, VASER is considered a safer choice. There is a possibility that the heat from the Laser device during the liposuction may damage or cause injury in the area, especially over the skin.
- VASER Lipo offers a smoother operation and recovery process, since it provides a gentler approach for more evenly distribution of energy.
- Since Laser Lipo uses heat to break down the fat cells, and distribution of the heat can’t be completely controlled, Laser liposuction is considered a less accurate method when compared to VASER, increasing the risk of a possible damage in the surrounding area of the appliance point.
VASER vs. Laser Lipo: Which one is less costly?
Although the cost of the procedure greatly depends on the specific desires and requirements of the patient, it can be said that VASER Lipo has a wider price range when compared to the Laser method.
- A VASER Liposuction procedure may cost anywhere between 2000 and 10000 USD, while,
- A Laser Liposuction usually costs between 5000 and 6000 USD.
With that being said, it should be considered that the usual cost range of VASER Lipo is between £3000 to £4300 based on the areas to be liposuctioned.
VASER vs. Laser Lipo: Which one is more effective?
Although both these procedures have their own advantages, VASER Lipo is considered a more effective method due to a number of additional advantages it brings.
Below, we will be issuing a comparison between these two procedures, in terms of effectiveness:
- VASER Lipo allows for a better skin tightening, since the energy distribution in VASER is more evenly and accurate.
- VASER Lipo has a wider range of fat removal, which means it can be used to remove greater amounts of fat when compared to Laser Lipo.
- Removed fat from the body can be used for fat grafting (lifting) in other parts of the body, for example for a BBL, if the fat is removed with the VASER technique. Unfortunately, Laser Lipo doesn’t have such an advantage.
- VASER Lipo has a wider range of appliance areas when compared to the Laser technique. VASER method can be used on almost all body parts that are suitable for liposuction, while Laser lipo can only focus on four main areas.
- In addition to these, VASER lipo brings along a number of additional advantages, which are:
- Smoother procedure and recovery
- Shorther recovery time
- Generally better results
- Less bleeding
- Less bruising