- As the plastic surgery sector increases its popularity among men, more varied and more complicated surgeries are being developed according to the desires and needs of men. Today, we are going to inform you about three of these processes, which are:
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Gynecomastia (Overvolumed breasts in men)
- Six Pack High Definition Vaser Liposuction (Gladiator Lipo)
- Male BBL (Soccer Butt)
With two of these processes being highly popular, a very specific situation, gynecomastia, will be issued in this article to inform you, our readers, about these medical processes.
Gynecomastia (Enlarged Breasts in Men)
Gynecomastia is a medical condition in which the breasts become too large and volumed in men. The condition may be caused by several health problems such as hypogonadism, cirrhosis, or malnutrition. The condition also may be temporarily occurred due to a number of reasons. In this case, it will probably resolve over time without the need for surgical treatment. Gynecomastia should be diagnosed correctly because it can be mistreated due to its similarities with breast cancer or breast abscess. The diagnosis of gynecomastia can be made via medical tests and mammograms. But your doctor may need additional tests such as tissue biopsies, testicular ultrasounds, MRI scans, and CT (Computerized Tomography) scans. The diagnosis can be made via the results of these tests. Gynecomastia can be treated with the help of medications as well as a surgical operation. The popular medications used for this condition are Tamoxifen Anastrozole. And the methods that can be used in surgical operation are liposuction and mastectomy.
Gynecomastia surgery is considered plastic surgery and can be carried out in both clinics and hospitals. The right option of two methods for the patient is usually determined by the doctor that will execute the operation. While the liposuction method is pretty standard, which is basically draining the fat through incisions via small tubes, the mastectomy method is a little more complicated process, in which the breast gland tissue is removed. The recovery time of this surgery is far less than those of other plastic surgeries, being only two to four weeks in total.
If the doctor decides the treatment to be only supported by medications, it is crucial to take therapy or do activities that help you to feel more comfortable and less stressed. The process can be longer with medications compared to surgery, so protecting your mental health along with having the determination to maintain the recovery process is very important and this can be provided with the help of your family, friends, and therapist.
Six Pack High Definition Liposuction (Gladiator Lipo)
Six-pack high definition liposuction, also known as six pack abs with Vaser HD liposuction, is the surgical process in which the ‘’not-going’’ fat in the abdominal area is removed carefully with the help of the Vaser liposuction technique. This surgical operation can only be carried out with Vaser liposuction because, in order for the abdominal area to look optimized ripped and muscular, the removal of fat in the area should be done very carefully to preserve the shape of the muscles. The process is considered a plastic surgical operation and it is carried out under general anesthesia. The ultimate aim of the process is to remove the unwanted or settled fat to highlight the muscles in the area. Vaser liposuction allows the operator to remove even the slightest and littlest fat mass, thanks to its game-changing ultrasound fat removal technology. The process requires a very experienced doctor, and reliable, quality tools for optimal results.
Gladiator lipo is generally preferred by men that are athletes or bodybuilders but the process can be applied to almost everybody. The operation is usually carried out under general anesthesia and the patient can go home the same day. The total recovery takes up to six weeks but the patient usually becomes able to maintain their slight daily life after one to two weeks, except for sportive activities. Smoking, drinking alcohol, and taking aspirins are not suggested before the operation, since these activities may cause several problems during and after the operation. The steps of a gladiator lipo operation are usually like this:
- Applying anesthesia. The operation requires general anesthesia and usually takes up to ninety minutes. The patient will be unconscious during this time period due to general anesthesia.
- Opening the incisions. The operation generally requires very small incisions to be opened. Since the vaser device and the tubes are pretty small, an incision as small as a few centimeters is usually enough for this operation.
- Melting down and collecting the fat in the area. The fat is broken down and collected via the vaser device and tubes in this step.
- Closing the incision(s). The incisions are closed with the help of stitches, laser pasting, and cushions.
There may be a need for check-ups after the operation, to see the bare results of the operation and make sure there aren’t any infections. The patient can go home the same day as the operation and carry on with their daily routine after a week or two. But participating in any sportive activity requires a full recovery, which means approximately six weeks, to be done safely.
Male Brazilian Butt Lift (Soccer Butt)
Male Brazilian butt lift, also known as soccer BBL or soccer butt, is a combined surgical operation that is carried out to reach a more full and shaped butt for men. The operation consists of two main steps, which are liposuction and grafting or transferring. The operation helps the patient have a more uplifted, full, and shaped butt. The operation is considered a plastic surgical operation, which means insurance usually do not cover this operation. There are a number of steps to follow before, during, and after the operation. The steps that will be followed before the operation are:
- Consulting an expert about the process and possible outcome.
- Contouring the area to be able to visualize what to expect.
- Running some tests to make sure that there will be no allergic reactions caused by anesthesia. (Optional)
- Determining the date and the time of the operation.
There are also a few things that need to be careful about before going under this operation. These are not consuming alcohol or any addictive material, not smoking, and not taking any medications such as aspirin or painkillers. The steps that are followed during the operation are:
- Application of anesthesia. The operation usually requires general anesthesia, which means the patient will be completely unconscious during the operation.
- Opening incisions for liposuction. To increase the volume of the buttocks, an amount of fat should be collected from different parts of the body. The most preferred body parts for this procedure are the abdominal area, upper or lower back, and thighs.
- Collecting the fat from the body via tubes. The fat is usually drained into tubes.
- Purifying and readying the collected fat for the transfer. The collected fat needs to undergo a procedure, called purifying. In this procedure, the dead fat cells, and fluids are separated from the pure fat cells, in order to increase the success rate of the operation.
- Injecting (Grafting) the fat into the area. The fat is transferred or grafted into the different points on the area, according to the desired shape and structure.
The operation may take up to two hours and the patient usually is able to go home the same day as the operation. It is normal for the patient to have difficulties sitting or lying down for a while. Although the total recovery takes about four weeks, the patient can carry on their daily life within two weeks, except for sportive activities.
- A gynecomastia operation costs between £2600 and £3200
- The price of a gladiator liposuction operation is around £3500
- A male BBL operation may cost about £3600
Frequently Asked Questions About Gynecomastia, Gladiator Lipo and Male BBL
- Is there a risk of repetition of gynecomastia?
If the reason behind the condition is not diognised correctly, the gynecomastia may repeat. But this situation is very common and usually doesn’t require a second operation.
- Is gladiator lipo permanent?
It can be said that the results of this operation usually remain a lifetime. But such situations as gaining high amounts of weight may cause the loss of the results.
- Are these operations risky?
As in all surgical operations, there are a number of risks such as bleeding, nausea due to anesthesia, flooding, and infections. But the rate of these side effects are rather low.
- Is male BBL temporary?
The permanence of male BBL depends on several variables. But it can be said that the outcome of this surgical operation is likely to be permanent.