Brazilian Butt Lift, shortly known as BBL, is a plastic surgical operation that is performed with the aim of a more uplifted and volumed look in the buttocks. The operation is pretty popular among both men and women. But with its popularity, there comes a load of questions and concerns about the procedure. While some of these questions can be only answered by your surgeon, according to the specific case, there are certain things that people ask about Brazilian Butt Lift. We will answer three of these questions today, which are;
- Is it safe to drive after BBL, or how long should I wait to drive after the surgery?
- Will I be able to have sex after the surgery, what things should I be careful about?
- How to feed the fat after the surgery, what can I do to increase the succes rate of the operation, and have the best look?
Driving After Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
Brazilian Butt Lift requires not to directly sit on the buttocks for a while after the surgery. The grafted fat in the area needs some time to permanently settle, and in this course of time, the patient should be very careful. It might be harmful and dangerous to sit on your buttocks for a long period of time, for example, an hour. Since the fat mass in the area is rather weak for the first six weeks after the surgery, it is not recommended to drive for four to six weeks after the surgery. Because doing so may decrease the success rate of the surgical operation. After four to six weeks, you may want to have a sort of pillow or sitting pad to feel comfortable while sitting in a car, or driving. It is not only to know that you should avoid driving after the surgery, but you should also avoid cycling, working for a long period of time without having breaks, and participating in physical activities such as swimming or running. If it is necessary for you to drive or do one of these activities, make sure you don’t sit still for more than an hour without having a break. You should have breaks at least every hour and walk, stand or lie on your side for at least fifteen minutes during these breaks. Doing so will protect the grafted fat mass from getting excess damage. Also, if you are not able to rest at home for two to four weeks, or you need to drive, or work for long hours before six weeks after the surgery, you definitely should see your doctor every week, or once in two weeks, to make sure that everything is OK and the grafted fat mass is not damaged.
Sexual Intercourse After Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
Involving in sexual activities after the BBL surgery may cause damage to the transferred fat, resulting in insufficient and undesired outcomes. According to many professionals, it is safe to wait for two to six weeks before having sex, to ensure the success of the operation. Also, some experts say that the safety rate of having sex before six weeks after the surgery mostly depends on the position and the pressure that is applied to the buttocks. But it is safest for you to wait for at least two weeks before involving in any sexual intercourse, to ensure your health and the result of the operation. And if you have had sex six weeks after the operation, you should definitely see your doctor make sure that there is no damage in the area. According to another perspective about the topic, you may have sex ten days after the surgery, but there are a number of restrictions for this:
- No spanking, grabbing or anything that applies pressure to the buttocks. The main condition of having sex after the surgery is protecting the fat mass in the area from any external impact and damage. So spanking, grabbing or anything similar to those should be avoided while having sex after the surgery.
- No lying on your back or any position that may apply pressure to the buttocks. If you are going to have sex after the surgery, one of the most important things to be careful about is the position. Any position that applies pressure on your buttocks should be avoided to ensure the safety of the results.
- Gentle sex. Both you and your partner should be very gentle and careful while having sex after the surgery. Fast and hard movements can affect the experience since the area will be too sensitive. It may also damage the fat mass, resulting in failure of the operation.
As we mentioned before, although you can have sex by paying attention to these rules, it is mostly suggested that you should wait for two to six weeks before involving in any sexual intercourse to ensure your health and the success of the operation.
Feeding The Fat After Brazilian Butt Lift
After a surgical operation, the basal metabolic rate of the patient increases. This situation occurs due to a number of factors, such as the need to heal the scars, and avoiding the lose. This means the body burns more calories than usual, usually over two thousand calories. And for Brazilian Butt Lift, this situation is even more evident, due to the need of feeding the grafted fat in the buttocks. Since the BBL involves grafting fat into the buttocks, it takes time for the fat mass to settle and become permanent after the surgery. In order to ensure this, you should increase your calorie intake, and you also should pay attention to several things while doing that.
- Don’t go under 2000 calories. The success rate of the BBL is dependent as much on your diet as the procedure itself. So you should make sure you get more than two thousand calories a day. The suggested amount is 2200 to 2700 calories, according to your body type of weight. Having insufficient calorie income may decrease the amount of grafted fat, resulting in a low success rate.
- Get sufficient carbohydrates, fat, and proteins. You should have a balanced diet which should consist of the right amount of carbohydrates, fibers, fat, and proteins. You should have three meals a day. Also, you should avoid excessive consumption of junk food, and you should eat vegetables and fruits every day.
- Avoid extreme physical activities. It is not only important to feed the fat, but it is also as important to preserve the fat. In order to do this, you should avoid involving in physical activities such as running, cycling, swimming, hiking, and lifting for at least four weeks after the surgery. Doing so will protect the fat mass in the area and make sure that the results will be permanent.
- Do sports six weeks after the surgery. Having a sports routine that involves activities such as running and squatting would help preserve the permanence of the operation, and may even improve the results of the operation in the long run.
For further information, you can consult our experts, and read our article about Brazilian Butt Lift.